Closing Date: 7 December 2015
Tracking Number: DSD 2015-378
Job Title: State Accountant - Fraud and Losses Management Ref No. DSD 2015-378
Department: Social Development
Salary level: 8
Reporting To: Mr JO Smith at (021) 483 8679
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cape Town
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a qualified individual to perform an effective and efficient support service with regard to internal control measures.This position is based in Cape Town.
• A 3 year B-degree/ National Diploma;
• A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a financial environment;
• A valid driver’s licence.
Key Performance Areas:
• Implementation and maintenance of an integrated loss control system; • Implementation of approved departmental fraud prevention plan aligned to Western Cape Anti-corruption strategy; • Conduct preliminary investigation relating to fraud and losses; • Execute general internal control services as follows: o Ensure proper governance; o Render assurance services; o Provide fraud and losses management services.
• Sound knowledge of the following: o Budgeting process; o Financial norms and standards (PFMA, NTR, PTD/I); o Public Service Anti-Corruption Strategy and Fraud Prevention Measures; o Internal control tools and techniques; o Government Accounting Standards; o Risk Management Frameworks; o Government Financial Systems; • Communication(written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape; • Monitoring, evaluation and reporting skills; • Ability to analyse, conceptualise and implement policies.
Remuneration: R 243 747 - R 287 121 per annum (Salary Level 8)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes. These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.