Post: Risk Co-ordinator: Risk Management (2 posts)
Centre: Compensation Fund, Pretoria
Reference No: HR 5/1/2/3/32
Salary: Commencing: R227 802 per annum
Enquiries: Ms K Mocwiri, Tel: (012) 319 9147
Bcom degree with majors in Accounting or Auditing or Financial Management or Management
Accounting or National Diploma in Auditing or Financial Management. A driver’s licence is
optional. One to two years experience in Risk Management .
● Department of Labour and Compensation Fund objectives and business functions
● Risk Management and audit practices
● Customer Service (Batho Pele Principles)
● Public Finance Management Act (PFMA)
● Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act (COIDA)
● Public Service Act
● Public Service Regulations
● National Treasury Regulations.
● Service delivery innovation
● Client orientation and customer focus
● Knowledge management
● Excellent communication (Verbal and written)
● Planning and organising
● Problem solving and analysis
● Computer literacy
● Research analysis
● Report Writing.
● Follow instructions on the execution of organisation wide risk management strategies, policies and frameworks
● Provide input to the development and implementation of a risk assessment process and risk profile for the Fund
● Provide input to the monitoring and evaluating of risk management processes to ensure the pro-active assessment of the current state of controls
● Conduct risk assessments and provide input to the improvement of risk management in the Fund
● Promote and co-facilitate risk awareness and education campaigns to inculcate a culture of risk management
● Implement risk management policies and procedures for the unit
● Maintain a risk register for utilisation for analysis and decision making measures
● Implement Batho Pele Principles within the unit in all interactions with internal and external customers
● Follow up on audit findings to ensure that they are resolved.
● Attend to the collection of debt
● Attend to financial administration duties
● Conduct debtor administration
● Recover funds from insolvent/deceased estates.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 03 August 2015 at 16:00
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable].
Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. The successful candidate will be expected to sign a performance agreement. The Department of Labour is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the Department. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer / promotion / appointment will promote representativity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department.
Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
Compensation Fund, Chief Director: Human Resources Management:
P O Box 955, Pretoria, 0001 or,
473 Stanza Bopape Street (Church Street),
Benstra Building, Arcadia
For Attention: Sub-directorate: Human Resources Operations