DEPARTMENT: Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a qualified individual to provide administration support.
Ref No: EADP 2015-211
Job Title: Registry Clerk
Closing Date: 7 August 2015
Job Details: (Required)
Tracking Number: EADP 2015-211
Job Title: Registry Clerk, Ref No. EADP 2015-211
Department: Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
Salary level: 5
Reporting To: Ms L Ngcozela at (044) 805 8629
Job Type: Permanent
Location: George, Western Cape
The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ an individual to provide an effective and efficient registry and messenger service to the Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning in accordance with the provisions and compliance of the Provincial Archives and Records Service of the Western Cape Act, 2005 (Act No. 3 of 2005). This position is stationed in George.
• Grade 12 (Senior Certificate)
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an administrative or related environment.
• Working knowledge of registry procedures and filing systems;
• Successful completion of a Registry and Records Clerk Course or Records Management Course.
Key Performance Areas:
• The receipt, opening and sorting of post;
• Dispatching of outgoing post, operation of a franking machine an ensuring accountability of monies franked;
• The opening of files and proper filing of records includes the classification and neat and correct placing of documentation in files;
• Maintaining the file plan and keeping an updated register of files opened;
• Control, custody, care and protection of all records and access to all records;
• The termination of records according to the Western Cape Provincial Archives and Records Services Act, 2005 (Act No. 3 of 2005);
• Control of the receipt and flow of files/ documentation within the Department via a file tracking system and/ or Enterprise Content Management System (ECM).
• Good communication (verbal and written) skills;
• Ability to prioritise and organise work whilst under pressure;
• Show initiative at all times;
• Work independently and as part of a team;
• Knowledge of registry procedures and filing system.
Remuneration: R 123 738 – R 145 758 per annum ( plus annual salary adjustment)
Note on remuneration:
Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department and may also be required to undergo competency assessments/proficiency tests.