Permanent senior level position at Professional Business
DBA Database Administrator (Professional Business) Cape Town
Benefits: Very competitive salary, benefits and bonus offered.
Professional Business is looking for a dynamic database administrator (DBA) who will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of our databases.
The person will also be involved in the planning and development of the databases as well as troubleshooting issues.
1. At least 6 years working experience with data in financial services
2. Extensive database development experience
3. Experience administrating databases larger than 100GB
1. Good communication skills
2. Extensive knowledge of database theory
3. Advanced knowledge of database design
4. Knowledge about the RDBMS itself
5. Thorough knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g. SQL, Transact-SQL
6. Knowledge of distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client/Server, Internet/Intranet, Enterprise
7. Knowledge of the underlying operating system, e.g. Windows
8. Knowledge of storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, NAS/SAN, networking
9. Knowledge of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a Database
10. Database optimisation skills
1. Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
2. Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
3. Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
4. Enrolling users and maintaining system security
5. Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
6. Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
7. Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
8. Planning for backup and recovery of database information
9. Maintaining archived data
10. Contacting database vendor for technical support
11. Generating various reports by querying from database as per need
12. Perform database monitoring, tuning, and capacity planning
13. Architect and define backup/recovery strategies
14. Optimize database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance, and cost
15. Manage schema changes and implementations
16. Implement advanced database security features
17. Install and maintain database products
18. Audit user activity to ensure integrity and performance of the database
19. Establish standards, policies, and procedures for database administration
20. Define and implement alerts on data.
This is a sincerely great career opportunity for a high quality and experienced Senior DBA, so get in touch soon before the role is offered!